reliable camera stores in HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

reliable camera stores in HK

Does anyone know a honest and reliable camera store in HK Island or Kowloon? I'm looking to buy some Nikon gear.

Thanks!

Try Wing ShingG/F, 55-57 Sai Yeung Choi Street, Mongkok Kowloon, Hong Kong Tel: (852) 2396 6886 Fax: (852) 2395 2130) and it's brother store Mah Shing (G/F, 106 Tung Choi Street, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong
    Tel: (852) 2396 2996 Fax: (852) 2395 2127). They have a good range of accessories too. You won't be able to bargain much but you're guaranteed of getting genuine products from reputable sellers who will open up the product before selling to make sure all is in order. Also check out some of the smaller stores in Stanley Street Central.

They'll come off typically rude and arrogent but when then they know you're genuine they'll losen up.

I got my last camera from Wing Shing... after reading they were very good now I'm not so sure. It seems they gave me a second hand battery and the warranty card was missing from the box my camera came in. Its in the Canon shop now getting repaired... buyers beware!

hey there, i shuttle between vancouver and hk quite frequently, and am a fellow nikon fan. give me a shout when u're in town and i can give u some shopping pointers. but Wing Shing is a good place to start (and probably finish as well) on the kowloon side.

check out some of my vancouver photos at http://www.wereamshallbe.com/all.html

do u have a photo gallery online ?

hi,

try queen victoria street in central. Cannot remember the name of the shop, but it has a wide opening onto the street about 2 shop fronts size. I have bought many cameras for friends there and they have international warranties. Very good prices offered and you can haggle and they normally throw in extra batteries, cf/sd cards, tripods, cases etc. slightly cheaper for cash.

I went to a couple of decent shops last weekend on Kowloon side- one of them was on the ground floor of the Kimberley House Hotel on Kimberley Road. It has so much stuff in there from hasselblad's to point and shoots. The choice of second hand stuff was unreal too.
    I still recommend Coxell in Wanchai Computer Centre or the shops on stanley Street, especially the one nearest the raised walkway- don't know the name.

Nikon? Why don't you wait for the new Canon 30D to come out?

(I *am* being sarcastic - anyone else following the ridiculous debates raging on photo forums elsewhere? )

An the 30D doesn't seem to be going down too well ingeneral. I think most people would rather stick with their 20D or buy one with the rebates. The 20D has already droppped over USD100 and the 5D offers full frame etc.

What's Nikon?

Seems I'm one of the few who might get a 30D once the prices stabilise and the reviews are out. Agree 20D owners don't need to change. I want to compare one with a 350XT in terms of feel and ease of use. My current 300D is fine for most things, but the speed puts me off from shooting RAW as default and some of the other new features are very attractive.

To avoid hijacking the thread - its worth saying that if you have any trips to the US, or friends who are planning to visit from there, it generally works out cheaper to get kit there than here in HK. I got 2 of my lenses from B&H and Amazon delivered via my wife's business trips

Yeah the 20D mkII aka 30D is bit of a freakin' joke. After 18 months, a larger LCD, spot metering (usless in my eyes), ISO in the viewfinder and a few other innocuous upgrades is all the advancement Canon could muster?? I'm sure it's part of their long term plans but the contempt on Canon's part to pass it off as a new model

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast