Like Tree1Likes

Park Island Living

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Park Island Living

I am seeking information on living on Park Island. Anyone currently living there? Anyone investigated living there? My wife wants to check it out. We will visit this Sunday to look around. I hope someone can provide some inside tips.

I live on Park Island. What do you want to know about Park Island?

Great. Do you work off the Island? How long a trip is it each morning and afternoon?

I saw there was only one grocery Park and Shop. Do they stock most things you need? Also, not many western food places to eat, all I saw was Chinese.

Does Park Island sponsor any free activities for residents?

What bothered me was how small the flats were. And I felt like I was in a hotel, not an apartment.

Do you like it there?

Are you family or single?

I actually considered the older section, since they are all 700 sq ft and three storys. And rental was very cheap.

Hope you can answer some of these questions.

Quote Originally Posted by redwriter:
    Great. Do you work off the Island? How long a trip is it each morning and afternoon?

I saw there was only one grocery Park and Shop. Do they stock most things you need? Also, not many western food places to eat, all I saw was Chinese.

Does Park Island sponsor any free activities for residents?

What bothered me was how small the flats were. And I felt like I was in a hotel, not an apartment.

Do you like it there?

Are you family or single?

I actually considered the older section, since they are all 700 sq ft and three storys. And rental was very cheap.

Hope you can answer some of these questions.
    I work on the island.

Park and Shop can be shocking at times. I do some of my shopping at City Super. Tsingyi or Kwai Fong. Sometimes, I make the trek to Taste at Tung Chung.

Free activities? Well, last Sat night, there was a Halloween party. I don't really join the activities.

I live with my husband and my dog. We're in phase 3 and we might be moving again to a bigger apartment when our lease is up. 700 and 3 floors, are you talking about the village houses? Don't think there are any apartments in Park Island that has three floors.

Thanks. Yes, I was talking about the village houses. They are all 700 sq ft, and can be leased or bought.I am more interested in those because the newer Park towers remind me of a hotel. Any realty agent can show the village houses, and there are several available. But, unless you appreciate living with Chinese, forget them. As for me, I get along very well with the Chinese.

Have you visited Ma Wan Park? It is very nice, and peaceful.

Thanks. Yes, I was talking about the village houses. They are all 700 sq ft, and can be leased or bought.I am more interested in those because the newer Park towers remind me of a hotel. Any realty agent can show the village houses, and there are several available. But, unless you appreciate living with Chinese, forget them. As for me, I get along very well with the Chinese.

Have you visited Ma Wan Park? It is very nice, and peaceful.
    No, haven't visited the Ma Wan Park. Sorry, I don't really like parks.

HaHa Redwriter, you have quiet a way with the "written" word.. Very FOB like, with a dash of culturally learnt, anti social flavour.

And you write sports editorials ? Hmmm, very difficult to believe that one, you don't even know the difference between story and storey, one being a tale, the other in regard to a 20 floor building.

I can see why PDLM took a little interest, being an FCC member afterall, evidently red, you're not....

Last edited by Skyhook; 29-10-2007 at 07:20 PM.

shove it Skyhook.

sunniefaith said, No, haven't visited the Ma Wan Park. Sorry, I don't really like parks.

Do you live in Park Island, or lie? It is on Park Island, and you pass it if you ride the bus. The entrance is next to the bus stop. I doubt you live on Park Island.

sunniefaith said, No, haven't visited the Ma Wan Park. Sorry, I don't really like parks.

Do you live in Park Island, or lie? It is on Park Island, and you pass it if you ride the bus. The entrance is next to the bus stop. I doubt you live on Park Island.
    This is really silly. I live on Park Island and I don't like going to parks and therefore I've not been to the Ma Wan Park. It's as simple as that. Anyway, why am I even explaining myself???

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast