Studio Studio vs. Cozy Studio?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Studio Studio vs. Cozy Studio?

does anyone have any first-hand experience about the causewaybay ones? i read some negative things about cozy studio, but it didn't seem to be authentic information.

Visited a friend that stayed at studio studio. It was real small. Didn't like it at all.

Cozy

I've been looking lately too and Cozy seems best to me for sure.

-Kris

can you tell me what differences you found between the two? :]

More Info

Hey!

Probably should have done that the first time.

Studio Studio was very very small. The unit I saw had a single bed that came down from the ceiling (strange). Also, no windows at the low price. If you pay more you can get a bigger unit, but then the one I saw was very dirty. I know that can be fixed but too me it just wasn't a very good sign. Although the entrance is cool, the units were slightly disappointing.

Cozy Studios, where I deal with a guy named Stan, is better because they seem to have a really great variety of available buildings in Causeway Bay, Sheung Wan, and Central. Every unit I've seen has been at least decently clean, a shower beside and not over the toilet, with a double bed, and more windows. These are the things I find important though.

If you fill out the form online they will contact you and then you can request to view some units. I've just requested one in Causeway Bay myself after viewing 5 in Sheung Wan and 3 or 4 in Causeway Bay. Let me know if I can be of any more assistance.

-Kris

Wink Cozy Studio / Studio Studio / Empire Studio / 9 Studio

Hi, very exciting as this is my first post I must say I have found this forum very useful and have sworn that I will post my opinion about my experience with all the serviced apartments after my move to HK.

My main requirements for an apartment are:
    - air conditioning
    - cable tv
    - wireless internet
    - clean bathroom facilities
    - basic kitchenette

I am currently staying at Cozy Studios at one of their many locations at CWB (includes Cannon St, Paterson St, Leighton Rd plus locations in Sheung Wan). I am paying 6.5K for the smallest sized apartment (about 180-200sq ft?). My first impression of the apartment was that it was really small but once I settled in and compared it with other Serviced Apartments, am starting to find it quite comfortable and cozy. Room includes double bed with kitchenette (microwave, kettle, fridge, hot plate & fry pan and basic utensils), shower separated from toilet with shower curtain, wireless internet (very fast), cable tv and a wardrobe.

One thing that took getting used to is the bathroom area which is basically separated from the rest of the room by a glass window. You enter the bathroom area (without a door) and immediately is the toilet. Shower curtains can be drawn across the glass window and entrance to toilet, as well as separate the toilet from shower.

Stan, which I think is the boss, has been extremely helpful with my endless questions before my move to HK, and other staff members that I have dealt with are quite helpful as well. However, he likes to include photos (obviously purely for display purposes) which are quite different to the actual product. Though I must say, although it?s an old building, it has been recently renovated and is quite clean. Oh, another positive about this location is that there's a lift in the building. There are other serviced apartments in older building with stairs-only which is definitely not preferred by a lazy person like me.

I have also viewed other apartments (all around the leighton street area in CWB) since my arrival and here are my findings:

Empire Studio: Old building with lift, the room I was shown was 8K for a month (or 7.5K p/m if over 3 months). Room size similar to Cozy but bathroom is a lot bigger and is separate from the bedroom (like in a normal hotel room), with shower totally separate to toilet and sink area. Seems fairly clean as well, with all normal utilities (except cable tv).

Studio Studio: The agent was very helpful, and I was shown a display room. The room seems a lot bigger than others in comparison (7K p/m). Newly renovated, room looks more spacious probably because the way the furniture is set-out. No cable TV either.

9 Studio: Rooms are much smaller in comparison and does not have separate kitchenette (think it's only got a fridge...) but looks the cleanest and must have been newly renovated as well. Shower is over the toilet, so overall the rooms are much smaller. 6.5K for a lite room, 7.5K for a standard and 8.5K for a deluxe (which was very spacious but not affordable for me!).

So right now, I am quite happy staying where I am at the moment because it?s quite a good price for all that is offered. However in the long run, might look for a bigger apartment if the price is right! Think I?ve blabbed enough, but am happy to give more opinion/advice if anyone is interested! Hope it helps!

Sorry to bring out this 3 months old thread but, kawennn, the information you have posted is extremely useful. I have been looking for a place to stay for 2 months and found the places you listed but without many hands-on details. Thanks for taking the time to point out the positives of each place and I will be checking them out soon!

really bad experience

Hey all!

When I came to HK last July my company put me in Cozy Studios in CWB... My main contact was Stan and honestly... it is impossible to live there! I ran out from there in only 2 weeks!

What really made me get mad was that during my second week there, I started finding one of my door locks open every day. One day, it happened twice... So actually I started thinking that somebody was trying to enter my room...

I understood what was happening in some days, when I was having a coffee with a geo friend and she told me: by the way, I think today I visited the room where you are staying! Stan told me your name, where are you working, what´s your budget for an apartment, etc etc etc... And all my clothes were... well... everywhere!!!

So this is unadmissible, they should have told me this!!! And not even they did not tell me, they forgot to lock the door every time! So I ran from there after shouting as much as possible!

And then I found my current apartment, huge compared with that room, better location (also in CWB-Wanchai) and for only 1,000HKD more... BTW... I am looking for somebody to be the next tenant from July, since I am leaving to Kowloon side because I need an extra room (see my thread "looking for accomodation from July?" and the pictures on Internet).

In conclusion, I did not try studio studio, but cozy studio, very very very bad!

Hope this helps!!!

Alexis

Hello all, well.. I'm not sure if this will help you but I will give it my best shot!

My manager was looking for studio apartments on arrival gave me a choice of StudioSudio or COZY well I have to say s.s looked better on the net and I went for that one.

When I got there it was a shoe box BUT had a kitchenette with a plug in hob...I had to buy a saucepan even though they said the room came with all that (and there was cutlery and plates plus a kettle) and a warm shower plus cable tv (not many channels) plus in room phoneline and wireless internet (although I had to contact the maintenance guy to help me-but he was very friendly and reliable) the staff were brilliant, it was central to causeway bay and wan chai, the bed was comfy and changed/room cleaned weekly as well as $50 for a bag of landry per week.

I now live in the Gold Coast and I haven't looked back, but for my first time in HK it was comfortable and I think you can make any place a home if you really want to...yes it was small but safe and quite a nice room temporarily!

I hope that helps,

Shell

i have to agree with alexis. cozy studios is horrible - i also did not stay a full month before i had to escape! the building is disgusting, and you can see signs of age and mustiness all over the room. the walls have noticeable discolouration, and i felt itchy every time i got into the bed. also, you never had control over the temperature of the water that came out of the sink.
    the worst part of it for me was the ants. my room was crawling with them from day 1 and i never had any food in there.

oh and i didn't evne bother to unpack my stuff because the wardrobe had a fishy smell.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast