Art supplies?

Closed Thread

Art supplies?

Where can one buy art supplies - brushes, paints, canvases etc. on Hong Kong island?
    cheers!

Art Supplies

Hi,

If you are willing to travel to the 'dark side' there is a wonderful store in Mong Kok that sells all of the above plus more. At first glance it looks tiny, but as you venture in (3 fl.'s) you realize just how much they have to offer. I bought my paints, canvases, and easel there. My paints were reasonably priced at about 23HKD for primary colors and
    more for fancy ones. My tabletop easel was 128HKD. I hope this gives you a relatively good idea of the prices. I always find it helpful to have some kind of comparison on stores especially when painting can become a little pricey.

It is down the street from the only Starbucks that is on the edge of Mong Kok, Ladies Market. There is also a DVD shop a few stores down which is usually a good landmark as it draws a crowd of people watching the outdoor LCD for the latest movies ect..('40' inch screen, not to be confused with the big one down he street).

Good Luck!
    I think it's called Chungs Stationary
    G/F, 2Q Sai Yeung Choi St., Mong Kok
    Tel: 2384 2430
    ............................................b

Last edited by bobbiesehra; 18-02-2007 at 07:11 PM.

Here's a web site with a lot of art supply shops in HK.

http://www.cac.edu.hk/English/others/discount_eng.htm

I Found Artsman to be much cheaper than Artland, for instance Artlands cheapest Easel was $400 and Artman was just $200 and a 20x30in canvas was just $60 if you print out the web page and take it with you you'll get 10% off and if you spend more than $1000 you will get up to 20% off

Company: Artsman Company
    Address: Flat A, 2/F., 3 Tin Lok Lane, Wanchai Hong Kong
    Opening Hours: 10a.m till 7 p.m (Mon-Sat)