i.Tech R35 and O2 Atom

Closed Thread

i.Tech R35 and O2 Atom

Here is a copy of a post that I have made at kaitech forums:

I have found that these functions don't work with the Atom:
    pause, play, fast forward, fast rewind, mfb-initiated voice dialling (in fact these are all the remote control functions)

These functions do work with the Atom:
    volume up and volume down (and this is because they alter the impedance on the headset and not the Atom)

All functions work with a Motorola V3X.

I have just telephoned the retailer who (now) admits that the remote control functions of the R35 do not work with the Atom and that I need to download something called "MSI Blue Player". Would have been nice if he had told me this before. I chose the R35 over the S38 for its remote control functions. I was told by him that the R35 was fully compatible with the Atom. So that's the last time I will buy from them who are shamed here as:

Mr Chan c/o
    Mobile Phone Direct Selling Centre
    31 Queen's Road Central,
    Shop 16, Luk Hoi Tong Building
    Central

They are near the Queen's Theatre exit from Central MTR and a couple of shops from SmarTone.

i.Tech have confirmed that the R35 is not compatible with the O2 Atom for music playback with or without MSI Blue Player. Incidentally, I found this free download, installed and ran it but it stops after 30 seconds with an error screen that the program is only for MSI headsets. Thanks again Mr Chan of Mobile Phone Direct Selling Centre!

that sucks...you should be getting your money back...I know the shop in question too.

Ah yes them guys, wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

Pricewise they're not competitive and they're not too helpful either.

Well to be fair, they were the same price as the best price in WCC and you know how much of bun fight it is there. I suspect that the response from places like WCC and Golden Arcade Shopping Centre would have been similar. And the sales lies would have probably been the same too. Still I am no happier.
    I found that skip next track and previous track works for WMP but not for TCPMP. I wonder if future patches to WM5 will clear these anomalies up?

Quote Originally Posted by discobay:
    Well to be fair, they were the same price as the best price in WCC and you know how much of bun fight it is there. I suspect that the response from places like WCC and Golden Arcade Shopping Centre would have been similar. And the sales lies would have probably been the same too.

Seriously though if you head out to the NT then mobiles seem to be so much cheaper, at least 10% or so on your smartphones for example.

Damn I wish I knew that before I put down nearly 6k for my Atom.

hey, sorry to hear about your persistent problems with the R35

I get spotty results as well with the MFB button on the S38/818 Pro combo I have. granted the 818's A2DP is hacked on, so I can't complain too much...