Foods available in HK / Bodybuilding

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Foods available in HK / Bodybuilding

I'm considering a move to HK. I'm into bodybuilding, and I have some concerns about foods that will be available to me. For starters, is cottage cheese available? What about whey protein powders? Turkey, chicken. How expensive are these items...Sorry for sounding so wierd but being able to get quality protein sources is muy importante...Gracias.

Hi, there:

I want to ask the same question about the food for fitness training.

Maybe they have those stuff at gym shops? PURE Fitness?

I checked GNC web site, they do have 18 stores in Hong Kong. Now I am taking GNC Pro Performance Soy & Whey Protein in LA, but not sure if they have it there in HK?

Here is the link to the stores in HK:
    http://www.gnc.com/about_gnc/interna...asp?country=HK

I am also trying to find some snack/grocery stores that have western style cut healthy, maybe organic food, any one knows any place in Central office area?

Thanks.

I've found cottage cheese and greek yogurt at City Super in IFC and Olivers in Central. Both have lots of varieties of chicken, turkey, beef etc. but they are more expensive than we had back in Oregon.

Most supermarkets in expat neigbourhoods will have cottage cheese and a deli with fresh cold cuts.

Hi LeoSmolka

From what I have seen, the GNC's in Hong Kong don't sell protein supplements (someone correct me if I am wrong). The only place I've seen protein supplements is NPC which is in Mongkok. It's a building called "Sincere Podium" which is at MTR Exit D2. The first floor is selling alot of mobile phones and NPC is on the 2nd floor - you can't miss it cause it's the only shop which sells bodybuilding supplements.

Apart from that, I think it's expensive. Well, I believe I can get the stuff that I want cheaper in Australia.

Anyone else know where to buy bodybuilding supplements?

Don't they sell it at the central Pure Fitness? Perhaps it's something else i've seen there? I think i also saw some in Watsons (central).

There is (or at least was a few months ago when I last went past) a shop selling body-building supplements on the ground floor of Elizabeth House in Causeway Bay. The window of the shop is on the East side of the building.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoSmolka:
    I'm considering a move to HK. I'm into bodybuilding, and I have some concerns about foods that will be available to me. For starters, is cottage cheese available? What about whey protein powders? Turkey, chicken. How expensive are these items...Sorry for sounding so wierd but being able to get quality protein sources is muy importante...Gracias.
    There are plenty of shops that sell whey, creatine, etc... You just need to know where to go. The California gym has a snack bar that sells it. The place I get from is cheaper and has more variety, I will reply with the address later as I only have it at home.

As for the chicken, you will have no problem finding it. You might want to try pork, it is dirt cheap here and makes a good alternative to chicken. Or course there is always the dreaded canned tuna!

Protein Supplements

Hk is the worst place to buy these. The prices are pretty high compared to the US and the shops here often sell old stock which they purchase from the US at a discount. There is also counterfeit stuff sold in some shops. Several large US companies have had problems with their supplements counterfeited in China and resold around Asia and HK. They often fill the package with a mixture of milk powder and chalk.

If you really need to buy your gear in HK I recommend the Nature's Best Pro Shop in the Sheraton Shopping Mall. Ask them to hook you up with a discount card as they offer 30 - 35% off to regulars.

Last edited by JaredHK; 12-09-2005 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by martyn:
    Hi LeoSmolka

From what I have seen, the GNC's in Hong Kong don't sell protein supplements (someone correct me if I am wrong). The only place I've seen protein supplements is NPC which is in Mongkok. It's a building called "Sincere Podium" which is at MTR Exit D2. The first floor is selling alot of mobile phones and NPC is on the 2nd floor - you can't miss it cause it's the only shop which sells bodybuilding supplements.

Apart from that, I think it's expensive. Well, I believe I can get the stuff that I want cheaper in Australia.

Anyone else know where to buy bodybuilding supplements?
    Try the outlets inside California Fitness. Nature Village has a good range too.(on Lyndhurst Terrace in central and 1 in TST too).

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast