Primary/Secondary schools

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Red face Primary/Secondary schools

Hi,

We are moving to HK in the next few months, and are looking for schools for a 5th, 8th and 9th grader. We are having trouble finding an international school with space, for our 5th grader in particular. Does anyone have experience (good or bad), with any of the international schools? Or a suggestion about a school that might have places for my youngest? Thank you!

Cis

You're probably wanting your children to have the best education in English and Chinese - the Chinese International School near North Point has some really good scores there - in Central there's Island School (bad rep for drug use, but if you've educate them about drug abuse you'd have no problems with that) and then there's West, and South Island school. I know if you show them the money, they'll be open to discussion. check out http://www.esf.edu.hk/

I go to an international school.

King George the Fifth School.

All these schools, South Island, West Island, Island, KGV and Sha Tin College are part of a network called ESF.

This ESF also has primary schools such as Clear Water Bay, Kowloon Junior School, Beacon Hill school.

I was at Kowloon Junior School for my primary education and it is brilliant.

All of these schools have super high fees though.

My parents pay 78K a year for my education.

secondary international schools

Thank you so much for your input. I have one more question. We have been in discussion with the Australian International School in Kowloon. I realize that their school year starts in January rather than in the fall, but am wondering, if we can deal with that, how the school is otherwise. Does anyone have any experience with that school? Thank you so much!

We viewed the Aussie school and thought the facilities and staff were excellent. They didn't have places for my kid's age group though.

Have you seen these sites? They talk about schools a bit more...
    http://www.classmateasia.com/forum.php3

Just remember in your searches that the Aussie International school and American International school are often abbreviated the same (AIS) and normally it refers to the American one.

Aussie school has a high debenture too if I remember right.

Hottie

Quote Originally Posted by bbs3836:
    Thank you so much for your input. I have one more question. We have been in discussion with the Australian International School in Kowloon. I realize that their school year starts in January rather than in the fall, but am wondering, if we can deal with that, how the school is otherwise. Does anyone have any experience with that school? Thank you so much!

The Australian International School requires you to be an Australian resident or citizen.

Actually I don't think you do have to be an Aussie to go there.

We were told that priority is given to Aussies, as the school was set up for that purpose, but lots of locals go there too.

Hottie

I got that straight from their admissions department by telephone.

Aussie Edu System

I had some personal friends who were teaching at the Aussie Int.School and they were very nice people, people I would want my kids to associate with (if I had them) - as for the res. issue, why not just give them a call and clear it up?

Smile Primary/Secondary Schools

Thank you for the input re: the Aus. school. We have had a couple of discussions with them, and gotten a positive impression, but it's good to hear from someone who's been there. And, no, you don't have to be Aussie to attend - according to them, 60-70% of their students are from Aus/NZ.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast