Best place for suit

Closed Thread

Best place for suit

Hi,

I'm looking to have a business suit made. What would be the place to go? I'm not looking for the most pricey luxurious one. But wit a nice price/quality ratio.

Suit

My hubby gets his suits made at BOSCO TAILOR, shop D8, Queensway Plaza ph 2529 614. The guy is excellent does a good job and prices are reasonable.

Sorry that came up twice dont know what happened there!

Sams

I have just got two suits from Sams (seems to be world famous) over in TST. 5300 for two wool suits (light weight for HK summer). Service seems very good so far. Pick up the end result later this week so will let you know.

They dont offer deals but reputation is very good.

Good luck.

My collegue in Geneva swears to Sam's. He was previously based in HK for three years, guess he knows.

Thumbs up United Tailor - Wanchai

When I came to Hong Kong last year I needed a new suit but I nearly didn't bother after suffering verbal diarrhea from the various Indian tailors/touts around TST.

However by chance my irksome brother-in-law discovered a tailor in the Great Eagle Centre, Wanchai which I can only describe as excellent experience throughout.

United Tailor are two brothers (Chinese who speak good English) and around late 50's or early 60s (apologies if they are reading this and are younger ) who make the suits actually on the premises.

I couldn't make up my mind on what style I wanted. However they have lots of mens fashion magazines and so I flicked through some and spotted one that I really liked. No hassle or pressure, they just continued working on other people's suits until I was ready to order or wanted to ask a question.

Anyhow as I said I suddenly saw one I liked, showed it to them and then got measured up. Came back in 2 days for minor adjustments and then collected next day. Have to say that I was amazed how good it was and instantly ordered 3 shirts to go with it.

They are not the cheapest tailors but the workmanship was superb. I've worn this suit regularly since and it still looks the dogs bollocks on me !!

If anyone is interested their telephone number is 2877 2696.

Tailors and discounts

Anybody have any purchases from W.W Chan or L&F Tailors and any feedback.

In addition what amount of discount would you expect buying 2 suits, 5 shirts. I am guessing 2nd should be cheaper as they only need to do one measure initially and fittings for each.

thanks